Limburgse Limburgse Vissers
Visforum met allerlei leuke weetjes en tips

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

MINNEAPOLIS -- After a rough first two innings, Nick Tepesch

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Limburgse Vissers -> Algemene tips
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 11-12-2018 01:53:56    Onderwerp: MINNEAPOLIS -- After a rough first two innings, Nick Tepesch Reageren met citaat

MINNEAPOLIS -- After a rough first two innings, Nick Tepesch settled down and cruised through another quality outing to help the Texas Rangers stay hot. Authentic Calvin de Haan Jersey . Tepesch won his second consecutive start, Elvis Andrus and Chris Gimenez each had two RBIs, and the Rangers beat the Minnesota Twins 7-2 on Monday afternoon. Tepesch (2-0) gave up both his runs in the first two innings before lasting 6 2-3. He struck out four to win consecutive starts for the first time in his career. "Thats one of the things that made me successful today, to be able to put the first two innings behind me," Tepesch said. "Treat each inning as a new inning." Alex Rios added two more hits and now has six straight multi-hit games. The Rangers have won three straight and five of six after a rough start to the season. "Early in the season everything didnt go the way we wanted it to," Andrus said. "At the same time, we still trust in each other and we knew theres a lot of baseball left. Everyone is feeling well right now as a team." Trevor Plouffe homered and Eduardo Escobar had two hits and an RBI for the Twins, who have lost four in a row since climbing two games over .500 on May 21. After Kevin Correia (2-6) set down nine straight, Roughned Odor and Shin-Soo Choo lined back-to-back two-out singles in the fifth. Andrus followed with a double to the gap in left-centre that scored both runners and broke a 2-all tie. "Its two-out hits. Thats been the theme this season," Correia said. "That one pitch or two pitches a game, you make that one pitch and its a world of difference." Gimenez made it 6-2 with a two-run double down the line in left in the eighth off reliever Jared Burton and Texas was on its way to another win. "We just got off to a bad start," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "Im so happy that were finally putting it together as a group." Minnesota had its opening day outfield back together for the first time since the first week of the season. Josh Willingham and Oswaldo Arcia were activated from the disabled list after Sundays game and started alongside centre-fielder Aaron Hicks. But the re-enforcements werent enough to overcome Tepesch, who didnt allow a runner past second base after the second inning. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire knows it might take a few more at-bats before Willingham and Arcia are able to help lift Minnesotas struggling offence. "That can be a huge part of it, driving the baseball and let them get a few at-bats here," Gardenhire said. "It takes a little time, a little different pitching up here than down there." Tepesch dominated Triple-A Round Rock after getting demoted in spring training and has a 2.95 ERA in three big-league starts since being recalled May 14. "Hes shown these three starts what hes capable of doing," Washington said. "But you cant hang your hat on a couple of outings. If hes around here healthy, hes going to get many outings. I just want him to be consistent." Hicks, a career switch-hitter, informed manager Ron Gardenhire before the game that he has decided to only hit from the right side. The struggling prospect is hitting .250 right-handed compared to .149 from the left side. He had two singles Monday. Two replay reviews went against the Twins. Arcia slided into third after a botched play in the outfield in the first, but a review showed third-baseman Adrian Beltre tagging him before his foot reached the base. Gardenhire challenged an out call at first on Willinghams dribbler down the line in the sixth, but the call stood. NOTES: Hicks told Gardenhire before the game he had no confidence swinging from the left side. "He came to me this morning and said he wants to hit right-handed. So, obviously, when a guy has no confidence left-handed, you gotta do what you gotta do," Gardenhire said. ... This was Ron Washingtons 1,186th game as Rangers manager, tied with Bobby Valentine for most in franchise history. ... Texas P Tanner Scheppers, out since April 18 with elbow inflammation, had his first rehab outing on Saturday with Double-A Frisco and will make three more with Triple-A Round Rock before being eligible to return on June 3. ... Choo hopes to return to left field on Tuesday after DHing the last two games with a sore left ankle. ... Phil Hughes (5-1, 3.15 ERA) will try for his fifth consecutive win on Tuesday against the Rangers Yu Darvish (4-2, 2.35). Authentic Brock McGinn Jersey . - Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis said Wednesday hes "nodded off" during meetings, but he said its something every player does. Authentic Haydn Fleury Jersey . At least 90 players who had college eligibility remaining are expected to enter the draft, shattering last years record number of 73. "Its a humongous number, so the first reaction is it makes you step back a little bit," said NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. http://www.cheaphurricanesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-rod-brindamour-jersey . Durant had 33 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, hit the tying 3-pointer late in regulation and made the go-ahead foul shots in overtime to lift the Thunder past the Wizards 106-105. John Wall missed a driving layup attempt at the buzzer for Washington, which was seeking its third straight win.The challenge awaiting Canadas Adonis Stevenson at the Pepsi Colisee is not just opponent Dmitry Sukhotsky, but the distraction of a bigger fight waiting down the road.Stevenson (24-1), the power punching lefthander from Montreal, will make the fourth defence of his World Boxing Council light heavyweight title on Friday night against little-known Sukhotsky (22-2). The fight is to be shown on the Showtime specialty channel in the U.S.If he keeps his focus, Stevenson should win.And a win would put him into what should be the top fight in the division in 2015.This week, the WBC ordered Stevenson to face the winner of what it presumptuously called an eliminatory bout on March 14 in Montreal between his hometown rival Jean Pascal and Sergey Kovalev, who holds the other three titles that matter, those of the IBF, WBA and WBO.My plan is to face Kovalev in 2015, but first we need to focus and win this fight, Stevenson said this week. Then we can talk 2015.I know (Sukhotsky) is a tough contender. And I know hes training very hard for this fight. Hes going to try to surprise me, but Im very prepared.Stevenson has been criticized for ducking the top fighters in his division, notably Kovalev, an accusation he denies.Both fighters were on a card in Quebec City in November, 2013 that was supposed to set up a Stevenson-Kovalev showdown. But the Canadian signed with manager Al Haymon and moved from HBO to Showtime and Kovalev opted instead to fight veteran Bernard Hopkins, who he dominated for 12 rounds in November, on HBO.Now the WBC has acted to make sure the fight happens, but Kovalev needs to get past Pascal, the former WBC champ who will be fighting on home turf at the Bell Centre.The Quebec City fight card should be a good one.The co-feature has American super-middleweight Andre Dirrell (23-1) against Derek Edwards (27-3-1) in an elimination bout for the top ranking in the IBF. Dirrell is on a comeback from a brain injury suffered during a win over Arthur Abraham in 2010. He is determined to become a world champion.He came close in 2009 when he lost a split decision to super-middleweight king Carrl Froch in England. Carolina Hurricanes Winter Classic Jerseys. Dirrell is in his third fight in six months and says he is back on top form.I want that rematch with Carl Froch, he said. Hes the IBF Champion and a win on Friday will bring me closer to fighting him again and proving that I beat him the first time.Edwards is 2-3-1 in his last six bouts, including a TKO loss to Stevenson in 2011.Another IBF eliminator has welterweight Ionut (Jojo) Dan, a Romania native fighting out of Montreal, in a rematch with Quebec Citys Kevin Bizier.Dan (33-2) earned a hard-fought split decision over Bizier (23-1) at the Pepsi Colisee last year, but getting a decision twice in his opponents home town wont be easy. Especially since promoter Yvon Michel has plans for Bizier when Quebec Citys new NHL-size arena opens in the new year.Im more prepared than I was for the first fight, said Dan, an intelligent, technically solid fighter, but not a knockout artist. Im in better shape, both physically and mentally.I expect it to be a great fight.The more aggressive Bizier feels he was robbed in their November, 2013 bout.What killed us in the first fight was the holding from Jojo Dan, he said. Every time I did something good he would hold me, and then he would respond with garbage punches that made him look good.Even if I landed the cleaner punches, he would score with garbage punches after holding. The holding was a huge issue and were going to make sure the referee doesnt allow it this time around.Im ready for everything. Im ready for a war. Ive been ready since the last fight. Whatever he brings to the table, I will be one step ahead. I will win. I promise you. If the knockout comes, it comes.The card also has Artur Beterbiev (6-0), an impressive Russian light heavyweight fighting out of Montreal, in a 10-rounder against American Jeff Page Jr. (15-0). Beterbiev, a two-time Olympian, beat Kovalev twice as an amateur.Ill do what I have to do to win over the U.S. fans, said Beterbiev. I know Im not that well known in the U.S., but Im going to show them my skills and give them my best.Id like to become a world champion in 2015. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Limburgse Vissers -> Algemene tips Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: