Limburgse Limburgse Vissers
Visforum met allerlei leuke weetjes en tips

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Eugenie Bouchard wasnt thrilled with her play, but

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Limburgse Vissers -> Vaste stok
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 17-12-2018 03:02:58    Onderwerp: Eugenie Bouchard wasnt thrilled with her play, but Reageren met citaat

QUEBEC -- Eugenie Bouchard wasnt thrilled with her play, but she was more than happy with the end result as she helped move Canadian womens tennis to new heights. Authentic Harrison Barnes Jersey . The Montreal native won both her singles matches in a playoff tie with Slovakia, including the clinching match on Sunday, as Canada advanced to the 2015 Fed Cup World Group. Bouchard, at No. 18 in the WTA singles rankings, beat Jana Cepelova 7-6 (6), 6-3 in front of a spirited home crowd on the campus of Laval University. The win gave Canada a 3-0 lead in the best-of-five tie, and moved the Canadians into the elite World Group for the first time. "I wasnt happy with my level of play in both of my matches, but I am proud that I managed to win them both," said Bouchard, 20. "It was a difficult adjustment for me to switch to hard courts from clay, but sure both victories feel great. "It feels great to know that weve made history here. I played a lot of matches for Canada in the Fed Cup, and I won most of them, so I am proud that I kind of lead this team to the World Group." On Saturday, Bouchard beat No. 137 Kristina Kucova 7-6 (0), 2-6, 6-1 in a close match, to give Canada a 2-0 advantage, after teammate Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que., defeated Cepelova 4-6, 7-5, 7-5. Canada will now join the eight best teams on the planet in the World Group. A June 4 draw will determine Canadas next opponent, and whether that tie will be held at home or on the road in 2015. "Its a huge accomplishment in my opinion," team captain Sylvain Bruneau said. "Weve never been there. It all started with last years win over Columbia, then we beat Ukraine, a team that was ranked well ahead of us, then Serbia, and now Slovakia." Joining Bouchard and Wozniak (ranked No. 157) on the Canadian team were Torontos Sharon Fichman (No. 89) and Ottawas Gabriela Dabrowski (No. 199) Fichman and Dabrowski lost to Slovakia Janette Husarova and Anna Karolina Schmiedlova 4-6, 7-5, (9-11) in a doubles match later Sunday. After each team took a set, and with the 10-point tiebreak tied 9-9, Fichman missed her final two shots to hand Slovakia the doubles victory. Because Canada had already defeated Slovakia in the tie, the match was simply a formality. Bruneau said playing in the World Group will test Canadas depth. "We have to keep improving," he said. "Eugenie has to play at the level she is capable of, Aleksandra Wozniak needs to stay healthy, and Sharon Fichman -- who is still young at 23 -- can play both singles and doubles for us. We simply need depth, because there are no weak teams in the World Group, and many of the teams that play to qualify for the World Group have players ranked in the top 20." Bouchards win Sunday, particularly her strong second set, was crucial for Canada because she was struggling on Saturday and was very unhappy with her level of play. "I have to play much better, have to find consistency in my game," said Bouchard after her Saturdays win over Kucova. She struggled with that rhythm again on Sunday in a very close first set. Cepelova took a 5-3 lead, but just like during her match against Wozniak, she couldnt finish off points and lost a first set tiebreaker. Bouchard jumped to a quick 5-0 lead in the second set. When it looked like the last points would be just a formality, Cepelova put up a fight winning three games in a row and pushing Bouchard to make unforced errors. Serving for the match, Bouchard settled down and won last four out of six points to seal the victory. "It was a very good match" said Cepelova. "Just like yesterday I had my chances in the first set and couldnt close, but Eugenie was playing very well in those moments putting a lot of pressure on me." "We are very said as a team because we are not going to play in the World Group" added Cepelova. "It was very tough playing without our top three players (Dominika Cibulkova, Daniela Hantuchova and Magdalena Rybarikova) but Canada definitely deserved to win this tie. I think they are going to do very well in the World Group." Authentic Jose Juan Barea Jersey . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Tampa Bay currently holds the last of the Atlantics three automatic bids to the playoffs, but the Maple Leafs are just one point behind. Discount Mavericks Jerseys . Catch all the action on TSN starting at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Toronto won at Denver and Utah, but lost in Portland and Sacramento. The Kings loss was the most recent game for the Raptors. http://www.cheapmavericksjerseysauthentic.com/ . Louis still looking for a way out of Tampa Bay, the 38-year-old NHL veteran isnt showing his cards.COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - U.S. figure skating champion Gracie Gold has withdrawn from the Grand Prix Final because of a stress fracture in her left foot.Gold said in a statement Thursday that my ultimate goals for this year are to win another U.S. title and make the podium at worlds. These are the factors that my team and I used to make this very difficult decision.The Grand Prix Final is Dec. 11-14 in Baarcelona. Authentic Wesley Matthews Jersey. The 19-year-old Gold qualified after winning her first Grand Prix Series event, NHK Trophy, last week in Japan.Gold finished fourth at the Sochi Olympics in February.The womens competition at the U.S. Championships starts Jan. 22, and the world championships are in late March.Ashley Wagner will be the only individual American skater to compete at the Grand Prix Final. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Limburgse Vissers -> Vaste stok Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: