Limburgse Limburgse Vissers
Visforum met allerlei leuke weetjes en tips

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

se Dominguez from Triple-A Albuquerque. Manager Don Mattingl

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Limburgse Vissers -> Algemene tips
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-12-2018 04:41:05    Onderwerp: se Dominguez from Triple-A Albuquerque. Manager Don Mattingl Reageren met citaat

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. Authentic Tim Frazier Jersey . -- Hes the CFLs top pass defender and one of its most honest. Unlike many players who say theyre unaware of their own stats, Toronto Argonauts cornerback Pat Watkins not only knows he has a CFL-high five interceptions, but readily admits he wants to end the season as its No. 1 ballhawk. "Yeah, I found out Im leading the league in interceptions," Watkins said following practice Tuesday. "Thats something Im going to continue to strive for and try to lead the league as well as set a personal best as far as the CFL goes." Watkins, 30, is also aware of how many more interceptions he needs to make 2013 a career campaign. "Last year I had five," Watkins said. "Its easy when you only have five . . . I can count that on one hand. "Its one of those things that no matter what happens whether its good or bad, positive or negative Im going to continue to strive to be the best I can be personally as an athlete, football player and a coachs player." The six-foot-five, 205-pound Watkins has been very good since joining the Argos last season. A CFL all-star in 2012, Watkins five picks left him tied with safety Jordan Younger -- who retired prior to this season -- for most on the team and just one behind league-leader Joe Burnett of the Edmonton Eskimos. Watkins had four interceptions in the NFL with Dallas (2006-09) and San Diego (2010) before coming to Toronto. He also added 67 tackles and two fumble recoveries last year and through 13 games has 30 tackles, two sacks and two fumble recoveries. Watkins was a one-man show Sunday, registering two tackles, two interceptions, a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery as Toronto rallied from a 21-point deficit to beat Edmonton 34-22. With that, the Argos (9-4, first in East Division) became the first CFL team ever to win all four games of a four-game road trip. "I still havent watched the defensive film but it was impressive enough watching on the sidelines to know Pat was the player of the game," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said. "Pats our leader in the secondary now and we need him to make those plays. "Hes one of our defensive captains and I think hes kind of feeling like he needs to be accountable for whats going on back there." Watkins watched Torontos 35-22 win over Calgary in the 100th Grey Cup at Rogers Centre last November because of a foot injury. With eight starters from that defence having moved on, the Argos are counting heavily on Watkins and linebackers Robert McCune and Marcus Ball to lead this years young unit. "He has grown as a leader," Milanovich said of Watkins. "I think those three guys (Watkins, Ball and McCune) in particular have and (former B.C. defensive tackle Khalif Mitchell) has done a great job as well. "When the opportunity presents itself guys will step up and I think thats what has happened. It took a little while but I think theyre going in the right direction." Watkins certainly is with three interceptions in Torontos last two games. But defensive co-ordinator Chris Jones said Watkins versatility gives him plenty of options in drawing up the weekly gameplan. "He does a great job in our scheme, he does what we ask him to do," Jones said. "We play a lot of zone coverage, we put him in different matchups where hes having to defend in the slot and at corner." Watkins has the size and speed to excel in one-on-one coverage on the outside at cornerback. But the former Florida State star also has the athleticism to defend against slotbacks who have the advantage of a running start at the snap of the ball. "A lot of guys Ive had in the past didnt have the ability to get out on the slot, its something thats learned," Jones said. "When you can cover that motion and do go back to being a stationary guy (at cornerback), its a little simpler." When a cornerback is dominant in both pass and run defence, has the versatility to effectively cover any receiver and continually makes big plays, hes often dubbed a "shutdown corner." But its not a title Watkins readily wants or is chasing. "I dont try to put that pressure on myself," he said. "I just try to compete to the best of my ability, play within the scheme of the defence and do what the coaches ask me. "I cant say Im a shutdown corner. Im just going to play the best I can and continue to improve." It seems opposing quarterbacks have noticed as Watkins says he hasnt seen as many passes this year as he did in 2012. But that hasnt forced him to change his mindset when he steps on to the football field. "In the back of my mind I feel every ball is coming my way," he said. "So I have to be prepared and act like all the balls are coming my way." Watkins said he isnt playing with a chip on his shoulder or the feeling he has something to prove because he didnt suit up in last years Grey Cup. Hes more than content with his contribution to helping Toronto earn its first CFL title since 04. "We won and thats what a team does, a team isnt about one player," he said. "Its a gratifying feeling to know even with me down the team continued to play on and we won. "I cant hold my head about that, I did the best I could to get us there and the team finished it off. I was on the sidelines cheering because I knew we were going to party afterwards and I didnt want to miss it." NOTES -- Argos quarterback Ricky Ray practised Tuesday and looked good throwing the football. Milanovich said Ray continues to recover from a shoulder injury but couldnt provide an update as to when he might resume playing. Receiver Chad Owens (ribs) also practised and Milanovich said the CFLs 2012 outstanding player is a "maybe" for Friday nights home game against Hamilton. Authentic Austin Rivers Jersey . DArnaud hit one of three doubles for the Mets as they took a 4-0 lead in the first. Then the catchers seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the fifth. The 41-year-old Colon (10-Cool retired the first 20 batters in his last outing Wednesday against Seattle, eventually allowing two runs on three hits in 7 1-3 innings in a 3-2 win. Authentic Kelly Oubre Jr. Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Falcons by 3 1/2RECORD VS. http://www.cheapwizardsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-gilbert-arenas-jersey . With newly minted president of hockey operations Trevor Linden looking on from above one day after being handed the keys to the franchise, it was more of the same on Thursday night.SAN DIEGO - Dan Haren finally feels comfortable in Dodger blue. Haren didnt go with the Dodgers to Australia for their season-opening, two-game series against Arizona, so he didnt get his first taste of real action with his new team until he threw six strong innings in a 5-1 victory against the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night. "I feel like part of the team now," Haren said. "I havent done anything up to now. Im just happy that I was able to come through for the guys. "I really wasnt with the team that much," said Haren, who signed as a free agent in late November. "Teams often bond on the road. Theyre in the clubhouse a lot, on the plane or bus, whatever. So I really didnt have that. Im just glad I was able to come through, and Im looking forward to getting back home." While the Dodgers were in Arizona, Haren, their No. 4 starter, pitched in minor league games. "Man, I got my butt kicked in those camp games," he said. "The adrenaline level, theres nobody watching, its dead silence. Its hard to simulate major league innings." Haren retired the first nine batters before Everth Cabrera singled to centre leading off the fourth and eventually scored on Yonder Alonsos one-out single to right. The run was unearned because Seth Smith, batting after Cabrera, reached on catchers interference by A.J. Ellis. Haren (1-0) allowed four hits, struck out seven and walked none. The Dodgers took two of three from the Padres and now play their home opener Friday afternoon against San Francisco. The Dodgers jumped on Tyson Ross (0-1) for three runs in the first inning. Carl Crawford doubled to left-centre and advanced on Yasiel Puigs sacrifice bunt. Puig was safe when Ross throw pulled first baseman Alonso off the bag. Manager Bud Black went out to challenge the play, but umpires determined he didnt do so in a timely manner. Hanley Ramirez doubled to left to bring in both runners and then scored on Adrian Gonzalezs single to centre. Ramirez scored again in the fifth when he walked with one out and eventually came in on Andre Ethiers two-out single to right. Ross allowed fourr runs, three earned, in five innings while striking out seven and walking four. Authentic Markieff Morris Jersey. "His stuff was good, he just really couldnt command his fastball early in the game," Black said. "The first two innings, 50-plus pitches. He had to work awfully hard to get those six outs. He had a real tough team getting the ball in the strike zone early. "Haren, on the other hand, was getting the ball in the strike zone early. He was pretty efficient the first three innings." Los Angeles added another run in the eighth against Donn Roach, who was making his big league debut. Roach came on with two outs and allowed singles to Juan Uribe and Ellis, and an RBI double to Dee Gordon. NOTES: The Dodgers put reliever Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Monday, with inflammation in the ulnar nerve in his right elbow, and recalled right-hander Jose Dominguez from Triple-A Albuquerque. Manager Don Mattingly said Wilson threw Wednesday and will continue building from there. ... Mattingly said OF Matt Kemp (right ankle surgery) is on track to be activated from the disabled list on Friday. ... RHP Josh Beckett (bruised right thumb) is scheduled to pitch for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday night as he works his way back from the DL. ... The Padres claimed LHP Bobby LaFromboise off waivers from the Seattle Mariners and optioned him to Triple-A El Paso. To make room on the 40-man roster, the club transferred right-hander Joe Wieland from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day DL. Wieland, still rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, recently had arthroscopic surgery to relieve irritation in the back of his elbow, pushing back his return. Manager Bud Black thinks Wieland can return before the All-Star break. ... Both teams are off Thursday. The Dodgers play their home opener Friday against San Francisco. RHP Ryan Vogelsong is scheduled to make his season debut for the Giants while LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (1-0) goes for the Dodgers. The Padres are at Miami. The scheduled starters are LHP Eric Stults (season debut) for San Diego and RHP Tom Koehler (season debut) for Miami Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Limburgse Vissers -> Algemene tips Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: